- In Madhya Pradesh,continuous rain has damaged Asia’s largest solar Power project in Rewa.
- Rewa Ultra Mega Solar is a proposed solar power plant in the Rewa district of Madhya Pradesh.
- It has a total solar installed capacity of 750 MW.Once completed,it would become one of the largest single-site solar power plants in India and the world.
- The project is a joint venture between the Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Limited(MPUVNL) and the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
- Further,it is also the first solar park in India to get World Bank funding.It will also produce the cheapest solar power in the country at just Rs 2.97 per unit.
1 min read