- China’s private space startup Linkspace has successfully launched a reusable rocket named RLV-T5(NewLine Baby).
- Reusable Launch Vehicle is a launch system that is capable of launching a payload into space more than once.
- The new rocket has other advantages as well such as low test cost and a capability of rapid iteration.
- The launch also successfully tested several other key technologies for reusable rockets including new ignition and launching technology and technology of parallel connection of multiple engines.
- In India,ISRO’s Reusable Launch Vehicle – Technology Demonstration Program(RLV-TD) is a series of technology demonstration missions that have been considered as a first step towards realizing a two stage to orbit(TSTO) fully reusable vehicle.
- The main objectives of the RLV TD are to reduce the cost of launch by increasing reusability and to increase reliability by achieving a Two Stage To Orbit (TSTO) capability.
1 min read