Intensification of Research in High Priority Area (IRPHA) scheme:
- It was launched by the Science and Engineering Research Board(SERB) to support projects in high priority areas from the viewpoint of advances in fundamental science.
Science and Engineering Research Board(SERB):
- It is a statutory body established through an Act of Parliament in 2008.
- It is chaired by the Secretary to the Department of Science and Technology and has other senior government officials and eminent scientists as members.
- Aim:To promote basic research in science and engineering and to provide financial assistance to scientists, academic institutions and other agencies for such research.
National Innovation Foundation(NIF):
- It was set up in 2000 as an autonomous body under the Department of Science and Technology.
- Aim:To help India become a creative and knowledge-based society by expanding policy and institutional space for grassroots technological innovators.
- Situated at: Ahmedabad,Gujarat.
Initiatives by NIF:
- INSPIRE Award – MANAK:It is being executed by the Department of Science & Technology and NIF to motivate school children in the group of 10-15 years and studying in classes 6 to 10 for original ideas/ innovations rooted in science and societal applications.
- Micro Venture Innovation Fund(MVIF):It was established by NIF with support from Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to provide risk capital to innovation based enterprise projects.
- IGNITE:It is an annual competition for student’s ideas and innovations conducted by NIF in partnership with the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE).