News:The 8th India-China joint training exercise ‘HAND-IN-HAND 2019’ is scheduled to be conducted at Umroi,Meghalaya.
About the exercise:
- The Hand-in-Hand exercise is a joint military exercise between India and China.It was held for the first time in the year 2007.
- This years exercise will be held with the theme counter terrorism under United Nations mandate.
- The aim of the exercise is to practice joint planning and conduct of counter terrorist operations in semi urban terrain.
- There are two tactical exercises which are scheduled during the training which are (a)one on counter terrorism scenario and the other on (b)Humanitarian and Disaster Relief(HADR) operations.
- This exercise comes in the backdrop of India conducting the Him Vijay Exercise in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The exercise was conducted to test mobility, communication and coordination of such a huge body of fast-moving troops in difficult terrain.
- However,China had raised strong objection to this Him Vijay military exercise.