News: Cyclone Harold strikes South Pacific island of Vanuatu.
- Type: Tropical Cyclone
- Areas affected: Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Fiji, and Tonga
- These are storms that originate and intensify over warm tropical oceans. They are intense low pressure areas with very strong winds circulating around it in anti-clockwise direction in the Northern Hemisphere and in clockwise direction in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Tropical Cyclones are known by different names in different regions:
- Cyclones in Indian Ocean
- Hurricanes in Atlantic
- Typhoons in Western Pacific in South China Sea
- Willy-Willies in Western Australia