News: Kerala has put forward six theme-based microsites in the official website to promote destination and tourism products.
- Aim: To boost tourism post COVID-19 pandemic
- Featured Microsites:
- Kalaripayattu (an ancient martial art indigenous to Kerala)
- Temples of Kerala
- Judaism in Kerala and
- Discovering Malabar
Iconic Tourist Sites Initiative
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Tourism.
- Aim: To develop the selected sites into world-class tourist destinations to serve as a model for other tourism sites.
- Selected Sites:
- Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri (Uttar Pradesh)
- Ajanta & Ellora (Maharashtra)
- Humayun’s Tomb, Red Fort and Qutub Minar (Delhi)
- Colva (Goa)
- Ajmer Fort (Rajasthan)
- Somnath and Dholavira (Gujarat)
- Khajuraho (Madhya Pradesh)
- Hampi (Karnataka)
- Mahabalipuram (Tamil Nadu),
- Kumarakom (Kerala) and
- Mahabodhi Temple (Bihar).