News: The Prime Minister will chair the Virtual Global Investor Roundtable (VGIR).
- Organized by: Ministry of Finance and National Investment and Infrastructure Fund(NIIF)
- What is it? It is an exclusive dialogue between leading global institutional investors, Indian business leaders and the highest decision makers from the Government of India and Financial Market Regulators.
- NIIF: It is India’s first infrastructure specific investment fund that was set up by the Government of India in 2015.
- Objective: To maximize economic impact mainly through infrastructure investment in commercially viable projects both Greenfield and Brownfield.
- Funds: NIIF currently manages three funds each with its distinctive investment mandate.The funds are registered as Alternative Investment Fund(AIF) with the Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI).