News:The Government has informed that around 4.39 lakh candidates have been trained during 2018-19 and 2019-20 under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalaya Yojana(DDU-GKY).
- Launched in 2014 by the Ministry of Rural Development(MoRD) as a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM).
- Aim:To transform rural poor youth into an economically independent and globally relevant workforce.
- Eligibility:Rural youth in the age group of 15–35 years and SC/ ST/ Women/ PVTG/PWD upto 45 Yrs.
Salient Features of the scheme:
- Provides funding support for placement linked skilling projects.
- Demand led skill training at no cost to the rural poor.
- Mandatory coverage of socially disadvantaged groups (SC/ST 50%; Minority 15%; Women 33%).
- Post-placement support, migration support and alumni network.
- Guaranteed Placement for at least 75% trained candidates.
- Mandates independent third party assessment and certification.
- Greater emphasis on projects for poor rural youth in Jammu and Kashmir (HIMAYAT) and North-East region and 27 Left-Wing Extremist (LWE) districts (ROSHINI).