News: Delhi government has launched the Electric Vehicle Policy for the national capital.
- Aim: To give a boost to the economy, create jobs and reduce pollution levels by constituting 25% electric vehicles in Delhi by 2024 which is currently just 0.29%.
- Features of the policy:
- The buyers of electric vehicles will get a subsidy of ₹30,000 on the purchase of 2-wheelers, ₹1.5 lakh on cars and ₹ 30,000 on auto-rickshaws, e-rickshaws and freight vehicles.
- The government will waive the registration fee and road tax and will also give low-interest loans on electric commercial vehicles.
- An ‘EV Cell’ will be established to implement the Policy and will also set up a ‘State Electric Vehicle Board’.
- 200 charging stations will be set up in a year to ensure that people driving these vehicles can get a charging station within the radius of three kilometers.
- Government will also announce a ”scrapping incentive” under the policy which will be first-of-its-kind in the country.