- Minister of State of Culture and Tourism has informed the Lok Sabha about JATAN which is a Virtual Museum software.
- The objective of the software is to make digital imprint of all objects preserved in museums.
- The portal works through the website wherein all the digitised data on museums have been up-loaded for online viewing.
- The digital imprints of preserved objects and monuments created using the software are integrated in the national digital repository and portal for making them accessible to the public.
- The software has been developed by a team of experts of human centred design & computing team of Centre for Development for Advanced Computing(C-DAC).
- There are 48 Archaeological Site Museums under Archaeological Survey of India.Two Archaeological Site Museums namely Velha Goa and Nagarjunakondam have been digitised during the first phase.
- The C-DAC is an Autonomous Scientific Society of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY),Government of India.
2 min read