- Indian Navy has commissioned the navy’s fifth Dornier squadron named as Indian Naval Air Squadron(INAS) 313.
- INAS 313 derives its name ‘Sea Eagle’ from the bird of prey family Accipitridae.
- The Squadron will be operating from Chennai International Airport.With commissioning of INAS 313,the State of Tamil Nadu will have three naval air bases which is the highest number for any Coastal State.
- The squadron will operate Dornier aircraft.It is a multi-role Short Range Maritime Reconnaissance(SRMR) aircraft manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited(HAL).
- The aircraft will be used for (a)maritime surveillance (b)Search and Rescue Operations and (c)to provide targeting data to weapon platforms.
1 min read