News:Union Agriculture Minister has launched new features of the National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) Platform.
- Warehouse based trading module:It allows farmers to directly trade their stored produce from registered warehouses based on negotiable warehouse receipts in electronic form(e-NWR).
- Farmer Producer Organizations(FPO) trading module:Under this, FPOs can trade their produce from their collection center without bringing the produce to APMC.
- Enhanced version of the logistic module has been released to facilitate inter-mandi and inter-state trade at this juncture.
E-NAM(National Agriculture Market):
- It is a pan-India electronic trading portal which networks the existing APMC mandis to create a unified national market for agricultural commodities.
- Implementation: Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC), Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
Negotiable warehouse receipts(NWR):
- Warehouse Receipts are documents issued by warehouses to depositors against the commodities deposited in the warehouses for which the warehouse is the bailee.These receipts are issued in negotiable form making them eligible as collateral for loans.
- Regulation: Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA).