News: World Economic Forum(WEF) has released the annual rankings of the global Energy Transition Index.
- The Global Energy Transition index is an annual report that ranks 115 economies across:
- Performance of their energy systems and
- Transition readiness for a secure, sustainable affordable and inclusive energy system
- Top 3: Sweden topped the index followed by Switzerland and Finland.
- India: It has moved up two positions to rank 74th.
World Economic Forum(WEF)
- It was established in 1971 as a not-for-profit foundation and is headquartered in Geneva,Switzerland.
- Objective: To improve the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global,regional and industry agendas.
- Global Competitiveness Report
- Global Gender Gap Report
- Global Risks Report and
- Global Travel and Tourism Report among others.