News:The U.S Navy will host the Exercise RIMPAC this year but the drills will only be held at sea because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Exercise RIMPAC(Rim of the Pacific) is the world’s largest international maritime warfare exercise held biennially since 1971 by the United States Navy’s Indo-Pacific Command at Hawaii.
- Aim:To strengthen international maritime partnerships, enhance interoperability and improve the readiness of participating forces for a wide range of potential operations.
- Theme: Capable, Adaptive, Partners.
- Indian Navy had participated in the exercise in 2006, 2010 and 2012 as an observer.Since 2014,India has been participating as a member country.
Bilateral Exercises between India and US:
- Yudh Abhyas- It is a joint military exercise between India and the US.
- Tiger Triumph- It is a tri-service military exercise between India and the US.
- Vajra Prahar:It is a Special Forces joint military training exercise conducted alternately in India and the US since 2010.