News:Recently,people have discovered the bones of Pliosaur in a cornfield in the Polish village of Krzyzanowice.
- Pliosaurs were aquatic carnivorous reptiles that lived between 220 and 70 million years ago.
- They are classified in the order Plesiosauria along with their long-necked relatives,the plesiosaurs.
- They were characterized by massive heads, short necks, and streamlined tear-shaped bodies.
- They were the largest aquatic carnivorous reptiles that have ever lived and are often dubbed sea monsters.
- They measured over 10 metres in length and can weigh up to several dozens tons.They had powerful, large skulls and massive jaws with large sharp teeth.
- They had modified paddle-like limbs (like those of a penguin) which they used to swim through the water.