News:The Managing Committee of Shree Jagannath Temple has recommended construction of chariots used in the annual rath yatra.However,uncertainty continued to prevail over holding the festival due to Coronavirus pandemic.
- The Jagannath Rath Yatra festival is popularly known as the ‘Festival of Chariots’.
- The festival is dedicated to Lord Jagannath,his sister Goddess Subhadra and elder brother Balabhadra.
- During the festival,the three deities make an annual Journey to their aunt’s temple (Gundicha Temple) from Lord Jagannath temple.
Lord Jagannath temple:
- The Jagannath Temple is located in Puri,Odisha,It is also called the White Pagoda.
- The temple is believed to be constructed in the 12th century by King Anatavarman Chodaganga Deva of the Eastern Ganga Dynasty.
- The temple is a part of Char Dham (Badrinath, Dwaraka, Puri, Rameswaram) pilgrimages that a Hindu is expected to make in one’s lifetime.
- Significance:Most of the deities in the temples of India are made of stone or metal.But the idol of Jagannatha is made of wood which is ceremoniously replaced in every twelve or nineteen years by using sacred trees.
News:National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and the National Institute of Urban Affairs(NIUA) has organized an IDEAthon on “The Future of River Management’.
- Aim:To explore how the Covid-19 crisis can shape river management strategies for the future and to examine how the social angle of rivers can be leveraged on to address other crises.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG): It has been established as an Authority under National Council for River Ganga (Rejuvenation, Protection and Management) Act, 2016.It is the implementing agency of the Namami Gange Programme at the national level.
- National Institute of Urban Affairs(NIUA):It was established in 1976 as an autonomous body under the Societies Registration Act.It is supported by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, State Governments and other agencies concerned with urban issues.
Facts:Corona-Killer 100 is an automated disinfecting Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) developed by Garuda Aerospace – an ISO- 9001 company.These drones will aid in the sanitation of public places, hospitals and tall buildings up to 450 feet amid Covid-19 outbreak.
- Unmanned aerial vehicles(UAVs) or Drones:It is a type of aircraft that can fly without the onboard presence of pilots.It is remotely controlled either by a human operator or autonomously by onboard computers.
News:TheGovernment of India has launched Aarogya Setu Mitr portal under Public-Private Partnership(PPP) mode.
- Aarogya Setu Mitr Portal will be available on Aarogya Setu app.
- Purpose: To offer free tele-consultation for those with Covid-19-like symptoms and ancillary services at market rates such as home collection of samples for diagnostics and medicine delivery.
- Bodies Involved:It has been developed with the help of the office of Principal Scientific Advisor to the Prime Minister and Niti Aayog with voluntary participation from other organisations.
Aarogya- Setu App
- It has been developed through Public Private partnership under the guidance of National Informatics Centre(NIC), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MeitY).
- Purpose: To enable people to assess the risk of catching the Corona Virus infection based on their interaction with others using cutting edge Bluetooth technology, algorithms and artificial intelligence.
News:National Board for Wild Life(NBWL) has approved a road through Namdapha Tiger Reserve in Arunachal Pradesh.The road could improve patrolling in the reserve as 90% of it is inaccessible.
- The Namdapha Tiger Reserve is India’s easternmost tiger reserve located in Arunachal Pradesh near the international border with Myanmar.
- It was established as a wildlife sanctuary in 1972 and was declared as a Tiger reserve and National Park in 1983.
- It is named after the river Namdapha which originates from Dapha Bum and meets the Noa-Dihing river.
- The Namdapha protected area is located between Dapha Bum ridge of Mishmi Hills, outspurs of North Eastern Himalayas and Patkai Ranges.
- Vegetation: Tropicalevergreen Forests, Moist deciduous forests, subtropical forests, Temperate forests and Alpine.