News: Union Minister for Science and Technology has given away the Gandhian Young Technological Awards(GYTI).
- Gandhian Young Technological Awards(GYTI): It aims to celebrate the spirit of student innovation in all the fields of engineering, science, technology and design through extremely affordable solutions or the ones pushing the technological edge.
- Categories: The awards constitute two categories of awards namely:
- SITARE–GYTI under Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) and
- SRISTI-GYTI given by Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technological Innovations(SRISTI).
- BIRAC: It is a not-for-profit state owned enterprise under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) to strategically empower emerging biotech companies.
- SRISTI: It is a developmental voluntary organization aiming to strengthen the creativity of/at/for grassroots communities ,including individual innovators.