News: Migratory birds from Siberia spotted at Ghataprabha River.
About Ghataprabha River
- It is a right-bank tributary of the Krishna River. It originates from the Western Ghats and joins the river Krishna at Chikksangam, Karnataka.
- It forms Gokak Falls in Belgaum District of Karnataka.
- It has a hydroelectric and irrigational dam at Hidkal.
- Source: Western Ghats near Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra.
- Mouth: Bay of Bengal at Hamasaladeevi in Andhra Pradesh.
- It flows through Maharashtra, Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- Major Left bank Tributaries: Bhima, Dindi, Peddavagu, Halia, Musi, Paleru, Munneru.
- Major Right bank tributaries: Venna, Koyna, Panchganga, Dudhganga, Ghataprabha, Malaprabha, Tungabhadra.
- Largest tributary: Tungabhadra River.
- Longest tributary: Bhima River.