News:Students in more than 2,000 cities across the world are holding demonstrations under the #FridaysforFuture movement also called Global Climate Strike movement.
About Global Climate Strike movement:
- The #FridaysforFuture movement also known as the ‘Youth Strike for Climate Movement’ was started in August 2018.
- The aim of the Global Climate Strike is to call on millions of people across the world to disrupt business as usual by taking part in protests emphasising the danger of Climate Change.
- The movement was started by Swedish student ‘Greta Thunberg’ to protest outside Swedish parliament for more action against climate change.
- She had called for a strike every Friday until the Swedish parliament revised its policies towards climate change.
- Gradually, students and adults from across the world started mobilising and demonstrating in front of parliaments and local city halls in their respective countries.
- Thousands of events have been planned from September 20th to 27th, 2019.