News:French President has said that the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria(GFATM) has raised at least USD 13.92 billion for the next three years.
- The Global Fund to fight against AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria(GFATM) is an international financial organization.
- It aims to attract, leverage and invest additional resources to end epidemics of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
- It is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases.
- It was formed in 2002.It is headquartered in Geneva,Switzerland.
- The organisation mobilizes and invests more than US$4 billion a year to support programmes run by local experts in more than 100 countries.
India and GFATM:
- India shares a sustained partnership with the Global Fund since 2002 both as recipient and as a donor.
- In the current funding cycle (2018-21), the Global Fund has allocated US$ 500 million to India.
- As a donor,India has contributed US$ 46.5 million so far till 2019 including US$ 20 million for the 5th Replenishment.