Skip to content
- The Internet Sathi Programme will be expanded in
the villages of Punjab and Odisha.
- The Internet Sathi programme is an initiative by
Google India and Tata Trusts. It was launched in 2015.
- The programme aims to facilitate digital
literacy among women in rural India.
- Under the programme, women (Internet Sathis) are
educated on how to use the internet. These women, in turn, impart training to
other women in their community and neighbouring villages.
- The programme started as a pilot in Rajasthan.
It has since then expanded to 2.6 lakh villages in 20 states.