- Government of India and IIT-Delhi has signed a MoU to set up a Centre of Excellence for Waste to Wealth Technologies.The centre will be set up to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The aim of the centre is to implement a sustainable,scientific and technological solutions for waste management through validation and deployment of available technologies for transformation of waste to wealth.
- The waste to wealth mission project had been approved under the Prime Minister’s Science Technology and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC).
- Government had constituted a new 21-member advisory panel on science,technology and innovation called Prime Minister’s Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council(PM-STIAC).
- The 21 member panel consists of both permanent members and special invitees.The special invitees includes secretaries of all science & technology related ministries.
- The committee will advise the Prime Minister on all matters related to S&T, innovation and monitor the implementation of PM’s vision on the same.It will also facilitate the (a)formulation and implementation of policies and decisions (b)provide action-oriented and future preparedness advice and (c)assist in directing S&T to solve the socio economic problems in the country.
9 min read