News:GeM and Punjab Government has signed an MoU for setting up of project management unit.
- Government e Marketplace is an online marketplace setup in 2016 for procurement of commonly used goods and services by government ministries,departments and CPSEs.
- It aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement.
- GeM is a completely paperless,cashless and system driven e-marketplace that enables procurement of commonly used goods and services with minimal human interface.
- It is a National Procurement Portal of India.It functions under Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D),Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Further,it provides the tools of e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation to facilitate the government users achieve the best value for their money.