News: Ministry of Home Affairs issued National Directives for COVID-19 management
- Wearing of face cover in workplaces and public places compulsory.
- Fine for spitting in public places.
- Ban on sale of tobacco products and alcohol
- Gatherings of more than five people not allowed in public spaces or in any organisation
- District magistrates have been asked to regulate events like marriages and funerals.
- Workplaces have been asked to implement specific measures-staggered lunch breaks, a gap of one hour between shifts, and encouraging work-from-home arrangements for some employees
- A standard operating procedure on social distancing has been created for workplaces, factories and other establishments
- District magistrates will enforce the new National Directives. Penal action, including fines, will be based on the Disaster Management Act, 2005.