News: Ministry of External Affairs announced rolling out of a training programme on management of coronavirus pandemic for healthcare professionals from SAARC countries. It will be imparted under Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) programme.
- Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Programme is a bilateral assistance programme which focuses on addressing the needs of developing countries through innovative technological cooperation between India and the partnering nation.
- It was instituted in 1964.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of External Affairs
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is a regional intergovernmental organization of states in South Asia. It was established in 1985.
- Members: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Observers: Australia, China, the European Union, Iran, Japan, Mauritius, Myanmar, South Korea and the United States.
- Secretariat: Kathmandu,Nepal.