News:Henley & Partners has released the Henley Passport Index 2020.
About the Henley Passport index:
- The Henley Passport Index(HPI) is a global ranking of countries according to travel freedom for their citizens.
- The Index is based on the data provided by the International Air Transport Authority(IATA).
- The index was started in 2006 as Henley & Partners Visa Restrictions Index(HVRI) and was modified and renamed in January 2018.
- The index ranks passports based on the number of countries a holder can go to without a visa or the number of countries a holder can go to where they can obtain a visa,visitor’s permit, or electronic travel authority upon arrival.
Key takeaways from the index:
- Japan continues to top the list of the world’s most powerful passport. Japan is followed by Singapore and Germany,South Korea.
- India’s passport ranking has dropped by 2 places in 2020 to the 84th position.It is placed along with Mauritania and Tajikistan.
- Afghanistan’s passport is the world’s worst passport while Pakistan’s is the fourth worst.