News: Union Minister for Home Affairs inaugurated the Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C) and also dedicated National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal to the Nation.
Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C)
- It was approved in 2018 to combat cybercrime in India in a comprehensive and coordinated manner.
- It functions under the Ministry of Home Affairs. It is located in New Delhi
- It has seven components like the National Cybercrime Threat Analytics Unit, National Cybercrime Reporting Portal and National Cybercrime Forensic Laboratory Ecosystem etc.
National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal
- It is a citizen-centric initiative that will enable citizens to report cybercrimes online through the portal.
1. Cyber Swachhta Kendra (Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre): It provides for the detection of malicious programs and free tools to remove such programs.
2. Cyber Surakshit Bharat Yojana: It was launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in association with National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and private players. It includes awareness programs on cyber security; workshops on best practices and enablement of the officials with cyber security health tool kits.