News: Ministry of Human Resources and Development(MHRD) has launched India Report on Digital Education,2020.Recently,the Ministry of HRD has been renamed as Ministry of Education.
- The report has been prepared by the Digital Education Division of the Ministry of HRD in consultation with Education Departments of States and UTs.
- Aim: To elaborate on the innovative methods adopted by the Ministry of HRD, Education Departments of States/UTs for ensuring education to children at home.
Digital Education Initiatives launched by Government:
- DIKSHA platform: It offers teachers, students and parents engaging learning material relevant to the prescribed school curriculum.
- VidyaDaan 2.0: The programme brings together academicians and organisations to develop and contribute fun and engaging e-learning content aligned to the curriculum.
- The content will be monitored by a panel of academic experts and released for use on the DIKSHA app.
- Digitally Accessible Information System(DAISY): The study material for the differently abled has been developed on DAISY platform.
- SWAYAM: Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM) is an integrated platform for offering online courses, covering school (9th to 12th) to Postgraduate Level.
- e-PATHSHALA: It is a joint initiative of Ministry of HRD and NCERT to showcase and disseminate all educational e-resources including textbooks, audio, video, periodicals and a variety of other digital resources.
Initiatives launched by States:
- SMILE (Social Media Interface for Learning Engagement) in Rajasthan,
- Mission Buniyaad in the State of Delhi
- Project Home Classes in Jammu.
- Padhai Tunhar Duvaar(Education at your doorstep) in Chhattisgarh
- Mera Mobile Mera Vidyalaya launched by Bihar for Students among others.