- Langkawi International Maritime Aero Expo (LIMA-2019) is being held in Langkawi,Malaysia.The Indian Air Force is participating in the Maritime Aero Expo for the first time during which it will showcase its indigenously developed LCA Tejas fighter aircraft.
- Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA) is a maritime and aerospace exhibition that takes place once every two years in Langkawi,Malaysia.The event is one of the largest maritime and aerospace exhibitions in the Asia-Pacific.It is focused mainly on the defence industry,but also supports civilian industries.
- The LCA Tejas is an Indian single-seat,single-jet engine,multi-role light fighter.Its design is highly manoeuvrable,with a tailless,compound delta wing configuration.
- It came from the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) programme,which began in the 1980s to replace India’s ageing MiG-21 fighters.It is the smallest and lightest in its class of contemporary supersonic combat aircraft.
- It is designed by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) and developed by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force and Navy.
2 min read