- The Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-Madras) has topped overall in the National Institution Ranking Framework (NIRF) rankings, 2019. Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, and IIT-Delhi has ranked 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- In the university category, IISc Bangalore ranked first followed by Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. In the management category, IIM- Bengaluru ranked first followed by IIM Ahmedabad.
- Delhi University’s Miranda House College has topped the college’s rankings followed by Hindu College and Presidency College in Chennai. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi and National Law School of India University, Bengaluru, have been adjudged as the best medical college and law school respectively.
- The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) was launched by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) in 2015. It provides for a methodology to rank institutions and universities across India.
- The different parameters taken into account for ranking universities and institutions are: a) Teaching Learning and Resources, b) Research Professional Practice & Collaborative Performance, c) Graduation outcome, d) Outreach and Inclusivity and e) perception by the institution by its stakeholders.
- The different categories for which rankings are given include Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Medical, Architecture, Law, Universities and Colleges. The rankings are being published annually since 2016.
2 min read