- India with its Mirage-2000 fighter jets and other weapons has decimated multiple terror camps across the Line of Control in Pakistan.
- A dozen of Mirage-2000 were used, accompanied by four Sukhoi Su-30 aircraft. Sukhoi which is Russian origin aircraft acted as protective sheets were meant to provide cover if the Mirages were intercepted.
- The Israeli Phalcon Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) and the indigenous Netra Airborne Early Warning and Control System Aircraft (AEW&C) aircraft were deployed to monitor the mission to show that no aircraft was within 100 km while the operation was carried out.
- The Mirage-2000 which were armed with SPICE-2000 and Crystal Maze Mark2, also known as AGM 142 Popeye missile.
- The Israeli-built Popeye is a medium-range conventional missile which can be fired from a stand-off distance of around 90 km, i.e., the aircraft doesn’t need to be vertically above the target to hit it.
- The SPICE (Smart Precise Impact and Cost Effective guidance kit)-2000 is a forward and tail kit evolved by Israel from the Popeye missile, mounted on a standard 2000-pound Mk 84 unguided bomb. This converts it into smart guided air-to-surface munition that can be dropped from a stand-off distance of up to 60 km.It is a “fire and forget” weapon that automatically goes to its target once launched relying only on its navigation/seeker system.
- The Heron Unmanned Aerial vehicle (UAV) was used for monitoring and assessment of the target. Two IL-78 mid-air refuelling tankers were also used during the operations by the Mirage-2000 and Sukhoi Su-30 aircraft after the target was hit to return to various separate air bases.
3 min read