News: India and China have agreed on five points to guide their approach to the situation on the Line of Actual Control(LAC).
- India and China should take guidance from the consensus of the leaders on developing India-China relations including not allowing differences to become disputes.
- The current situation in the border areas is not in the interest of either side and therefore the border troops of both sides should continue their dialogue, quickly disengage, maintain proper distance and ease tensions.
- The two sides shall abide by all the existing agreements and protocols on China-India boundary affairs and maintain peace and tranquillity in the border areas and avoid any action that could escalate matters.
- The two sides will continue communications through the Special Representatives mechanism and meetings of the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on border affairs will continue.
- As the situation eases, the two sides should expedite work to conclude new confidence-building measures to maintain and enhance peace and tranquillity in the border areas.