News:United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) have adopted by consensus the “International cooperation to ensure global access to medicines, vaccines and medical equipment to face COVID-19”
- The resolution was drafted by Mexico.
- It calls for equitable, efficient and timely access to any future vaccines developed to fight coronavirus.
- It also calls for strengthening the scientific international co-operation necessary to combat Covid-19 and to enhance coordination, including with the private sector
- It is a decision or declaration voted on by all member states of the United Nations in the General Assembly.
- General Assembly resolutions generally require a simple majority (50% of all votes plus one) to pass.
- Resolutions adopted by the General Assembly are not binding