- India has contributed 1 million US Dollars to the United Nations Special Purpose Trust Fund(SPTF).
- SPTF is a specific fund housed within United Nation(UN) Secretariat.It was established to receive, consolidate, manage and account for all contributions as well as financial transactions of new Resident Coordinator(RC) system.
- SPTF web portal displays in real time all commitments, contributions and expenditures recorded for the fund.
- The portal aims to enhance effective coordination of UN’s work in more than 160 countries in support of UN sustainable development goals (SDGs) and is part of a wider UN reform efforts on development, management, peace and security.
- Resident Coordinator(RC) system aims to bring together different United Nations(UN) agencies that deals with operational activities for development irrespective of their formal presence in the country.
1 min read