News: Department of Posts has launched Five Star Villages Scheme.
- Aim: To ensure universal coverage of flagship postal schemes in rural areas of the country by increasing public awareness and reach of postal products and services.
- Schemes Covered under the Five Star scheme include:
- Savings Bank accounts, Recurring Deposit Accounts, NSC / KVP certificates
- Sukanya Samriddhi Accounts/ PPF Accounts
- Funded Post Office Savings Account linked India Post Payments Bank Accounts
- Postal Life Insurance Policy and
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Account / Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana Account.
- Implementation: The scheme will be implemented by a team of five Gramin Dak Sevaks who will be assigned a village for marketing of all products savings and insurance schemes of the Department of Posts.
- This team will be headed by the Branch Post Master of the concerned Branch Office.