News:The Indian Army has inducted Israel made Anti Tank Guided Missiles Spike along the Line of Control(LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
About Spike missile:
- Spike is an Israeli fire-and-forget anti-tank guided missile and anti-personnel missile.
- The missiles have been manufactured by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd.
- The missile is known for their precision targeting with an ability to pierce even bunkers.
- The Spike missile can hit targets at a range of 4 kilometers.It can be deployed in both mountains and plains.
- The missiles have automatic self-guidance system.It also possess imaging infrared system.
Other Anti-tank guided missile of India:
- The Nag missile is a third generation fire-and-forget anti-tank guided missile.It is an all weather,top attack missile with a range of 3 to 7 km.
- The missile can seek and destroy all known enemy tanks during day and night or under any adverse weather conditions.
- The missile has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme(IGMDP).
Other Defence Technologies imported by India from Israel:
- Heron is the Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial system used for intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition and reconnaissance purposes.
- It is a high-endurance drone that can fly to heights of up to 35,000ft for more than 45 hours at a time.
- It has a visual line-of-sight(LOS) range of 350 km and beyond line-of-sight(BLOS) range of 1,000 km.
- Searcher is a multi-mission tactical Unmanned aerial vehicle(UAV) for surveillance, reconnaissance, target acquisition, artillery adjustment and damage assessment.
- It is capable of real-time gathering and data transmission.It can continuously fly for up to 20 hours within a range of 300 km.
- SPYDER is a low-level quick reaction missile (LLQRM) system developed by Rafael Advanced Defence Systems, an Israeli defence-technology company.
- It is used to protect critical infrastructure in ground-to-air missions from wide-spectrum of incoming air-borne threats ranging from aircrafts, helicopters, UAVs, precision-guided munitions(PGMs).
- Python-5 is a fifth generation air-to-air missile (AAM) manufactured by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems.
- The missile can engage enemy aircraft from very short ranges and near beyond visual range.
- Barak 8 is an Indian-Israeli surface-to-air missile (SAM).It is designed to defend against any type of airborne threats including aircraft, helicopters, anti-ship missiles, and UAVs as well as cruise missiles and combat jets.
- Barak 8 was jointly developed by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), India’s Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO), Israel’s Administration for the Development of Weapons and Technological Infrastructure, Elta Systems, Rafael and other companies.