News:India’s External Affairs Minister is on a visit to Indonesia.
- India and Indonesia have agreed to improve connectivity between India’s Andaman and Nicobar and Indonesia’s Sabang Island in Aceh.
- The two countries have also condemned terrorism in all forms and manifestations.
- They also agreed to work together for a balanced and sustainable trade by providing greater market access both in goods and services to achieve the trade target of $ 50 billion.
- India has extended an invitation to Indonesian for joining the launch of the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure(CDRI) initiative at the UN General Assembly.
- The International Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) is proposed to be launched at the UN Climate Action Summit in New York, USA in September,2019.
- The CDRI will serve as a platform to generate and exchange knowledge on different aspects of disaster and climate resilience of infrastructure.
- It will bring together technical expertise from a multitude of stakeholders to create a mechanism to assist countries to upgrade their capacities and practices with regard to infrastructure development.