News:The Coast Guards of India and Japan took part in a joint exercise ‘Sahyog-Kaijin’ off the Chennai coast.
- Exercise Sahyog-Kaijin is a joint exercise between India and Japanese Coast Guards.
- The exercise is aimed at further strengthening bilateral ties and mutual understanding between the two coast guards.
- It also aims to enhance interoperability in communication, search and rescue procedures and sharing of best practices.
Other exercises between India and Japan:
- JIMEX- It is a bilateral maritime exercise between India and Japan naval forces,
- Exercise Malabar– It is a trilateral naval exercise involving the United States, Japan and India as permanent partners.
- Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN- It is an annual joint military exercise between Indian and Japan since 2018.
- Exercise MINEX– The exercise is an annual Mine Countermeasure Exercise between Indian and Japan naval forces.