News:Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change has informed Rajya Sabha about the initiatives to promote environmental awareness and to mobilize people’s participation for conservation of environment.
About Green Good Deeds Campaign:
- The Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has launched Green Good Deeds campaign.
- The purpose of the people-oriented campaign is to sensitise people and students in particular about climate change and global warming.
- The objective of the campaign is to restore and return the clean and green environment to the next generation.
About Environment Education, Awareness & Training (EEAT) Scheme:
- Environment Education, Awareness and Training (EEAT) is central sector scheme of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC).It was launched during the financial year 1983-84.
- The scheme aims to (a)promote environmental awareness among all sections of society (b)spread environment education and (c)mobilize student’s participation for environmental conservation.
- The scheme comprises of three programmes namely 1) National Green Corps “Eco- club” programme 2) National Nature Camping programme and 3) Capacity Building Activities.
About National Green Corps (NGC)“Eco-club” programme:
- The programme aims at creating awareness among school and college students for environmental conservation and sustainable development across the country.
- It also aims to sensitise and nurture students on nature conservation leading towards positive environmental actions at different levels.
- Students of schools and colleges across the country are eligible to participate in the programme.
- Under the programme,Eco-club will be setup across schools and colleges which will be headed by the Principal or their nominee.
About National Nature Camping Programme (NNCP)
- The Nature Camping Programme aims to provide students an opportunity to learn about natural resources, ecosystem services and the importance of the area by involving them in activities
- Under this programme,nature camps will be organised in different protected areas or Nature parks of the country to create awareness amongst school/college students on environment and nature.
About Capacity Building Activities
- The objective of this programme is to support capacity building activities and to impart skills to students and teachers of Eco-club on various thematic areas like Biodiversity conservation, Waste Management among others.