News:Microsoft India and NASSCOM Foundation have launched the ‘Innovate for Accessible India’ campaign.
About the campaign:
- Launched in partnership with Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities(DEPwD), Department of Science & Technology(DST) and ERNET (National Research and Education Network under MeitY).
- Aim: To empower people with disabilities with the technology and tools required for better integration into society and access to equal opportunities.
- The campaign will use technology solutions developed using Microsoft Cloud, Artificial Intelligence and other technologies to address the gaps faced by people with disabilities.
- It will focus on the 21 disabilities that are covered under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act,2016.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) was established in 1988 as a non-profit organisation.
- It is a trade association of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry.