Integrated Project for Source Sustainability and Climate Resilient Rain-Fed Agriculture

2 min read

News:The Government of India, Himachal Pradesh and World Bank has signed a US$80 million loan agreement to implement Integrated Project for Source Sustainability and Climate Resilient Rain-Fed Agriculture in Himachal Pradesh.

Facts:

About the Project:

  • Aim:To improve water management practices and increase agricultural productivity in selected Gram Panchayats in Himachal Pradesh.

Additional information:

Other World Bank Assisted Projects:

About Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP):

  • Launched in 2012 by the Central Water Commission(CWC) under the Department of Water Resources, Ministry of Jal Shakti.
  • It is an externally-aided project with 80% of the cost is provided by the World Bank as loan/credit and remaining 20% is borne by the States / Central Government.
  • Aim: a) improve the safety and operational performance of selected existing dams and associated appurtenances in a sustainable manner and b) improve institutional capacities for dam safety evaluation and implementation at the Central and State levels.
  • The Central Dam Safety Organisation of Central Water Commission is coordinating and supervising the Project implementation.

About Integrated Irrigation Project for Climate Resilient Agriculture:

  • Launched by the Government of Odisha with the assistance of the World Bank and Government of India.
  • Aim:To support small landholding farmers in order to strengthen the resilience of their production systems against adverse climatic conditions by improving access to climate resilient seed varieties and production technologies.