- A new Coast Guard vessel named as C-441 has been commissioned at Vizhinjam harbour in Kerala under the aegis of Regional Commander Western Region.
- C-441 is an Indian Coast Guard interceptor Vessel.C-441 is the seventh interceptor vessel amongst the series designed and built indigenously by L&T Ltd,Surat.
- C-441 is a 27.8-metre-long vessel.It has a maximum speed of 45 knots (83 km/hr) and is equipped with twin diesel engines and water jet propulsion.
- C-441 is capable to undertake several tasks such as close coast surveillance,interdiction,search and rescue and rendering assistance to boats and crafts in distress at sea.
- Further,the ship is fitted with state-of-the art communication,navigational equipment and with light,medium and heavy automatic machine gun onboard as main armament.
1 min read