News:IndiGo airlines has joined the International Air Transport Association (IATA) as a member.
- International Air Transport Association(IATA) is a trade association for the world’s airlines.
- It represents some 290 airlines primarily major carriers, representing 117 countries, accounting for 82% of total air traffic.
- It was established in April 1945 and is a successor to International Air Traffic Association established in 1919.
- It is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Functions of IATA:
- It supports airline activity and helps to formulate industry policy and standards.
- It helps airlines to operate safely, securely, efficiently, and economically under clearly defined rules.
- It provides professional support to all industry stakeholders with a wide range of products and expert services.
- It assists airlines by simplifying processes and increasing passenger convenience while reducing costs and improving efficiency.
- It also improves understanding of air transport industry among decision makers and increase awareness of the benefits of aviation sector to national and global economies.