News: ISRO will launch GSAT-30 onboard Ariane-5 launch vehicle (VA 251) from French Guiana on January 17
- It has been designed and manufactured by the Indian Space Research Organisation
- It is an operational communication satellite for DTH, television uplink and VSAT services.
- It will replace the INSAT-4A satellite currently used by cable operators to broadcast their channel overseas.
- GSAT-30 has a mission life of 15 years
- High-quality television, telecommunications and broadcasting services to the mainland and India’s islands.
- Extended coverage in the C-band, which helps television broadcasters beam their programs across India, Gulf countries, number of Asian countries and Australia
- Has one Ku-band beacon downlink signal for ground tracking purposes.
Communication Satellites of India: GSAT series, INSAT series, EDUSAT, HAMSAT, KALPANA-1