News: Union Minister for Electronics and IT has launched India’s National Artificial Intelligence(AI) Portal called www.ai.gov.in and National Program for the youth called “Responsible AI for Youth”.
National Artificial Intelligence(AI) Portal:
- Bodies Involved: It has been jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and IT and IT Industry.
- The National e-Governance Division of Ministry of Electronics and IT and NASSCOM from the IT industry will jointly run this portal.
- Purpose: To work as a one stop platform for AI related developments in India, sharing of resources such as articles, investment funds in AI, resources, companies and educational institutions related to AI in India.
Responsible AI for Youth Programme:
- Objective: To empower the youth to become Artificial Intelligence(AI) ready and help reduce the skill gap while enabling youth to create meaningful social impact solutions.
- Bodies involved: It has been created by the National e-Governance Division, Ministry of Electronics & IT in collaboration with Intel India with support from Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSE&L), Ministry of HRD.
- Coverage: The Programme is open to students of classes 8 – 12 from Central and State government-run schools (including KVS, NVS, JNV) from across the country.