Skip to content
- Researchers have developed a lignin-based nanocomposite from Agricultural waste.
- The lignin-based nanomaterial could potentially have a commercial value.It can act as additive in coating and packaging materials.
- Lignin is a complex organic polymer rich in polyphenols with antimicrobial qualities.
- It is found in almost all dry plants including crop residues and the woody bark of trees.
- The abundant quantities of lignin are generated as post-harvest agro-biomass and in paper and pulp industries every year which often go waste.