News:The Madhya Pradesh government is organizing a multi-cultural festival to promote tourism in the heritage city of Orchha,Madhya Pradesh.
About Namaste Orchha:
- Namaste Orchha aims to celebrate the cultural diversity, natural beauty and the architectural heritage of the Orchha town by showcasing music, dance, heritage walks, local cuisine, arts and handicrafts.
- Orchha is located in Niwari district of Madhya Pradesh situated on the banks of the Betwa River.It was built by King Rudra Pratap Singh of Bundela dynasty in the 16th century.
- Orchha architecture has a blend of Bundelkhandi and Mughal influences. The structures are not only appreciated for their mesmerizing beauty but also for their intelligent engineering.
- The ancient town is famous for its Orchha Fort Complex.The Complex is divided into three mesmeric sections namely Jahangir Mahal, Raj Mahal and Sheesh Mahal.It is also known for chaturbhuj temple.
- The town is also the only place in India where Lord Ram is being worshipped as a king with a dedicated temple in his name called Sri Ram Raja Mandir.