News:Maharashtra Government has launched a ‘Cyber Safe Women’ initiative.
About ‘Cyber Safe Women’ initiative:
- The initiative aims to spread awareness against atrocities committed against children and women.The initiative will also create awareness about laws on cybercrime.
- The campaign is to be implemented all over the state by the State Government in collaboration with state police, public relations department and cyber cell.
- It will also create awareness against crimes such as bank frauds, child pornography, photo shuffling, online gaming, cyber defamation information and false information sites.
Initiatives taken by the Central Government to Deal with Cyber Crime:
- Cyber Crime Prevention against women and children Scheme:The scheme was launched in 2019.The main objective of the Scheme is to have an effective mechanism to handle cyber crimes against women and children in the country.
- The features of the scheme include online cybercrime reporting platform, research and development, and cybercrime awareness activities.
- Cyber Crime reporting portal:It enables complainants to report complaints pertaining to Child Pornography or sexually explicit content.
- Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre(I4C):It handle issues related to cybercrime in the country in a comprehensive and coordinated manner.
- Cyber Dost: Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has launched Twitter account named @CyberDost.It aims to spread awareness about cybercrimes and normal precautions to be taken for prevention.
- Indian Computer Emergency Response Team(CERT-In):It is an office within the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.It is the nodal agency to deal with cyber security threats like hacking and phishing.