News:The Government of Maharashtra has decided to set up ‘Swachh Bharat World University’.
- The ‘Swachh Bharat World University’ will be located in Wardha to mark Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary.
- The university will focus on research, education and finding permanent solutions for cleanliness.
- This university is being set up despite the Swachh Bharat Mission implementation, rapid urbanisation is generating large amounts of waste which is affecting the health of residents.
About Swachh Bharat Mission
- Swachh Bharat Mission is a cleanliness campaign initiated by Govt. of India in 2014.It seeks to achieve a Clean India by 2019 as a tribute to the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- It has two sub-missions (a) Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) which is implemented by Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation,Jal Shakti Ministry and (b) Swachh Bharat Mission(Urban) which is implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.