News:The Malai Mahadeshwara Wildlife Sanctuary will soon be declared as a tiger reserve.
About Malai Mahadeshwara Wildlife Sanctuary:
- Malai Mahadeshwara Wildlife Sanctuary is a part of Eastern Ghats and is located in the state of Karnataka.It was declared as Wildlife Sanctuary in 2013.
- The sanctuary is part of a contiguous tiger habitat located very close to the tri-junction of the states of Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
- Vegetation:The predominant forest type of the sanctuary is dry and moist deciduous forests.
- The animals including tiger, elephant, leopard, wild dog, bison, sambar, spotted deer, barking deer, sloth bear, wild boar, four-horned antelope among others are found in the sanctuary.
Tiger Reserves in Karnataka:
- Bandipur Tiger Reserve
- Bhadra Tiger Reserve
- Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve
- Nagarahole Tiger Reserve
- Biligiri Rangaswamy Temple Tiger Reserve(BRT).